CMT WORKSHOP STUDIOS
All classes are held at the
Performing Arts Center
399 N. US1
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
The Children’s Musical Theatre Workshop, Inc. (CMT) is the brain child of Cynthia V. Simmons, Nancy Jo Mosser, Scott Winchester and Robert J. Arcuri, and was originally called the Starshine Kids. With the premise of adapting Musical Theater for young children and honing their Singing, Acting, and Dancing skills, The Casements Cultural Center along with The City of Ormond Beach decided to give the Starshine Kids a chance, and a home. In June, 1981 starting with just 5 students, The Starshine Kids of Ormond Beach had their first class. Over the next ten (10) years, moving to the Ormond Beach Performing Arts Center, growing to 300 plus students a year, performing countless shows, having numerous camps, and being involved within our community, Starshine Kids grew to be known as The Children’s Musical Theatre of Ormond Beach. When the group incorporated and received their 501(c)(3) status in
1996, they officially became Children’s Musical Theatre Workshop,
Today, CMTworkshop, Inc. is a one of its kind family atmosphere performing arts educational organization for young people in the Volusia and Flagler areas and is dedicated to providing school age students the highest quality performing arts education with a focus on training in the musical theater disciplines of voice, dance and acting. For over twenty-five (25) years, the CMT’s unique performance-based programs have served students at all skill levels.
CMT's programs currently serve over 350 students annually and include:
- 14 performing and theater arts courses for children and young adults including voice, dance, acting and related theater arts.
- Two (2) performing ensembles for middle and high school age students.
- Outreach programs/partnerships with community, educational and social service organizations.
- A Season of fully-staged musical productions featuring young performers.
- A multi-session Musical Theater Summer Camp with a Performance.
- Needs-based scholarship and financial aid for all programs.